Post-Divorce Modification & Contempt Personalized Legal Representation

Birmingham Post-Divorce Modification & Contempt Attorneys

Driven to Obtain the Results You Need

After the entry of a Final Judgment of Divorce, it is sometimes necessary to initiate a legal proceeding in order to modify or enforce the terms of the Final Judgment of Divorce.

In a modification action, a person may seek to change the custodial arrangement or visitation schedule, a child support obligation or an alimony obligation. It is important to know that when attempting to modify a Final Judgment of Divorce, a petitioner is often required to prove a material change in circumstances has occurred, among other elements. There are many factors a court looks to in order to determine if a change has occurred. If you feel that a portion of your Final Judgment of Divorce needs to be modified, schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers to learn more.

A contempt action is filed when one spouse alleges the other spouse has failed to abide by the terms of a lawful court order, such as a Final Judgment of Divorce. This may involve a spouse’s failure to pay child support, failure to allow the other spouse to visit with the children as ordered, failure to pay other support obligations and the like. If a person is found to be in civil and/or criminal contempt, they may be subject to monetary sanctions or even incarceration. Whether you are seeking to enforce a court order, or whether you are defending yourself against an allegation of contempt, we have the experience to assist you through the process.

Call (205) 241-9988 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We can help you determine the right path forward.

The True Stories That Matter Most

Read Client Testimonials
  • “He is well-respected, professional, courteous, ethical and he knows his stuff and how to present it. He is very effective in the courtroom.”

    - Former Client
  • “These woman are a team. I can not thank them enough for helping me at the same time being my therapist. They constantly reminded me of my worth. Thanks everyone!”

    - Jessica W.
  • “Not only do they deeply care about the case, they care about me and my family. They're definitely someone you want on your side and I highly recommend them!”

    - Tina B.

We're Here to Guide You Every Step of The Way 

Schedule a Consultation With Our Firm Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.