Kathryn Thompkins graduated from Auburn University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Spanish. She then went on to receive her Juris Doctorate from Jones School of Law in 2013 and has been practicing law in Alabama since. Kathryn joined the firm as an associate attorney in December 2016. Her practice is primarily focused on family and domestic relations law, including divorce, post-divorce, child custody and visitation, child support, alimony, asset division, paternity and adoptions. Kathryn also handles personal injury and municipal court cases.
Kathryn comes from a blended family, which inspired her to practice family and domestic relations law. She was raised in Birmingham, Alabama, and lives in Hoover. She enjoys cheering on her Auburn Tigers, spending time with her family and friends, traveling, and meeting new people.
- Honorable Judge Calvin L. Williams – Montgomery County Circuit Court, Domestic Relations Division
- Honorable Judge Jacob Walker, III – Lee County Circuit Court
- Alabama State Bar, September 2013
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, March 2014
Legal Professional Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Birmingham Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, Women Lawyers Section
- Shelby County Bar Association